Friday, February 26, 2010

Midnight Ramblings, Part II

Ok so now that we've established why I'm still awake I can get down to the business of rambling incessantly about whatever tickles my fancy. Yay!

First of all, I'd just like to make note of the fact that I am officially a thin-blooded southerner now. It's been in the mid-fifties all week and I am FREEZING. I can't even fathom what its going to feel like when I step off the plane in Kentucky tomorrow. I may just ball up in a corner and die of hypothermia on the spot, I don't know. I packed my Under Armour and my magic socks but still, I'm scared. (Also, if any one of you is bold enough to bring this up and remind me of this post in say, July when its sweltering and I'm cursing the heat and humidity, I will flat out ignore you).

What are magic socks you ask? Well! Only the greatest invention to ever grace God's green earth after sliced bread and maybe those magic eraser thingies. I don't know what brand these socks are, or what they're made of (unless you can weave socks from awesomeness in which case, that's what it is), but they're freakin' amazing. I have several pairs and for the past few years I've literally lived in them all winter. I swear, I put them on my feet and my whole body warms up--hence the "magic."

What are the odds that they'll let me on the plane with my little hand-held tube of Mace in my purse? This thought just occurred to me. In an effort to NOT find myself on the National Security Threat list, said Mace is going to be removed from my purse for the weekend. Take that, TSA! I didn't fall off the apple cart yesterday.

I just put the second coat of paint on my new TV cabinet (another "stay awake" tactic) and I'm pretty darn thrilled with the result. I'll post pictures later but she is officially approaching perfection. I love it.

I'm listening to iTunes as I type this and can we just agree, that before she developed a massive coke habit and fried her vocal cords, Whitney Houston was nothing short of amazing? I still love Whitney and maintain that there isn't another female singer in the business today with a voice that compares to hers...it makes me sad that she threw away so much of her talent and career.

I think I'm getting senile in my old age. It's probably bad if you can't remember how many pills you've consumed in a day. That's not a good sign, right? Before you freak out about that comment, let me explain. Last weekend I discovered that I had a double ear infection (fun!) and had completely lost my voice (yippee!). No idea if the two were related but the cute doctor at the ER gave my some good antibiotics that have helped tremendously. I'm supposed to take these horse pills three times a day but I'll be darned if I can remember to do that. The other day I went to take one and I literally sat there for five minutes trying to remember if this was pill #2 or #3 for the day. In the end I assumed it was only #2 and took another one later that night. When in doubt, err on the side of non-conservatism! (Ok seriously, it's an antibiotic. What's the worst case scenario here? I get better faster? I'll take my chances on that one).

It is now 1:04 a.m. and I have no idea what to do with myself for the next three hours. Maybe I'll clean the house. That sounds like fun.

Bye!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.