Saturday, September 19, 2009

I Miss My Dog and CATS



Today's the first home football game of the season. It's also the first season opener I've missed in five years. Kentucky vs. Louisville and the CATS are up by 4 with just under 4 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter. The game is being televised on ESPNU, which of course is a channel we don't get here so I made Leah agree to send me score updates every few minutes.

I've had little bouts of homesickness since we moved down here but nothing too major. During the summer it almost just seemed like we were on an extended vacation. Now that school has started and football season is getting underway though, I'm realizing how much I miss home right now. I miss FOOTBALL TIME IN THE BLUEGRASS and tailgating with my family. I miss the feeling of Fall starting to arrive (its still in the nineties down here, with 100% humidity almost every day). I miss my friends. I miss my sister. I miss my dog.

I'm not knocking New Orleans 'cause there's a lot down here that I'm really liking too. It's just missing a few very important things...like seasons. Ah well. I'll leave you with this pic, even though its a couple years old now, just so you know that even down here in the bayou we're still bleeding blue.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.