Friday, March 26, 2010

Blue Like Jazz

I have to tell you about this book I just finished reading not too long ago that may or may not have given me a whole new perspective on life. Ok, that's an exaggeration. It's more I like I read this book and, for the first time, had put into words the way that I feel about a lot of things in life.



I think this is one of the most beautiful books I've ever read and if I could I'd give a copy to every single person I know and then beat them over the head until they actually sat down and read it. Yeah. It's that good.

"I never liked jazz music because jazz music doesn't resolve. But I was outside the Bagdad Theater in Portland one night when I saw a man playing the saxophone. I stood there for fifteen minutes, and he never opened his eyes.

After that I liked jazz music.

Sometimes you have to watch somebody love something before you can love it yourself. It is as if they are showing you the way."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.