Monday, August 17, 2009

I GOT A JOB!!!

That's right, yours truly has just landed her first real, big-kid job and I couldn't be more excited!

Yayyyyyyyyyyy!!!

I got a call from Tulane Medical Center this morning (during my daily sweeping party no less)with a job offer to be the new Assistant to the CFO and VP of Finance. Wow, it makes me feel kinda important just to say that. This is the job I mentioned the other day that I had interviewed for and was really really interested in so needless to say, I'm really really pleased that they wanted me too. To be perfectly honest, I'm not entirely positive about what my duties will include. I know there will be a minimal amount of clerical work (answering phones, making appointments for the CFO etc.) but I also know that with my background in Accounting they're planning to let me really do a lot of super fun financial stuff too. The best part is that this is just an incredible opportunity for me; it's going to be a learning experience unlike anything I would get anywhere else, and a chance to work directly with the top execs at a HUGE health care company. Plus, during my interview the CFO told me in no uncertain terms that if I work with them for a couple years and do well, he and the CEO will see to it that I end up in whatever position I want when it comes time to move onto bigger and better things. How awesome is that? Maybe not quite "too good to be true" because I know that I have a lot of hard work ahead of me and a huge learning curve to tackle...but its pretty darn close. I don't think I could ask for much more in a first job.

I feel so fortunate to have this opportunity, especially when I know the situation with the economy and how so many other people who are just as qualified as I am are struggling to find work. Certainly God has been looking out for me big time. Thank you so much to those of you who have said a little prayer for me (and Zack) in the past few weeks; it means more to me than you know.

I don't actually start until September 1, so I've still got a few days of "summer vacation" before I get to enter the real world. Now that I know I've got a job waiting for me though, I think I'll find it much more enjoyable than I have for the past few weeks when I was frantically scouring the internet for job postings. Thank you again for your thoughts and prayers...I'll keep you posted on how things go once I start!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.