Tuesday, May 4, 2010

To Balance Out the Anger...

I want to share something with you; this was printed in the bulletin at church on Sunday. I thought it was really beautiful so I cut it out and put it in my wallet so that I will look at it every day. I think the world would be a much better place if more people were able to live this way...

Lord, make me an instrument of thy peace; where there is hatred, let me sow love; where there is injury, pardon; where there is doubt, faith; where there is despair, hope; where there is darkness, light; and where there is sadness, joy. O Divine master, grant that I may not so much seek to be consoled as to console; to be understood as to understand; to be loved as to love; for it is in giving that we receive, it is in pardoning that we are pardoned, and it is in dying that we are born to eternal life. Amen.

I think this is something that, if we could all do these things--hate less and love more, encourage joy instead of sorrow, seek to accept and understand instead of condemn and judge...we would all be better off. I think this goes for everyone no matter what their views may be on politics, religion, or anything else. Whether we believe in a Christian God or a Muslim Allah, or no higher being at all...I think these are things that we'd all be well served to think about.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.