Saturday, April 3, 2010

Come Sail With Me




So Thursday afternoon about 4:00 p.m. (at the point in the day where productivity has long since ceased and I'm literally just grinding my teeth and wringing my hands, counting the minutes until I can leave work for the evening) I get the following text from my sweet friend Deborah:

"Please please say you'll come sailing with me after work!"

When I read that I just sat and stared at my phone for a good 30 seconds running through in my head, all of the possible scenarios for which I would get such a request. Was it meant for someone else? Was it a joke? Had Deborah been sniffing paint and was now talking out of her head? I was dumbfounded. I mean seriously, sailing requires things like boat and a large body of water and oh, I don't know, a skill set...none of which we have.

Well! Come to find out, she has a friend who is quite the boat captain, who had invited her (and through her, me) out for a sunset sailing trip. Um...YES. Count me in. Let's go. Now.

I had never been truly "sailing" before. Been on lots of boats and love the water, but I've never had the opportunity to be on a sail boat. Needless to say, I loved it. As Deborah put it, "Sailing has pfficially replaced ballet as my new favorite sport."

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.