Wednesday, October 21, 2009

What to Wear

So here's my latest dilemma (and yes, to some extent this one does involve the weather here so...yeah, sorry. I can't help it. Get off my back.)

I'm having a hard time figuring out what to wear to work here. Guys have it easy; business dress means a suit and tie and business casual means dress pants and a dress shirt, no matter what the weather. Girls on the other hand, have sooooo many more options and choices and decisions that must be made.

I don't have any problem determining what to wear in terms of just being business appropriate; I've got that down cold. What's hard for me is figuring out what's appropriate for the season because well, the seasons down here don't make any sense at all. Case in point; today is October 21. Halloween is only a week and a half away. Annnnnd its like 85 degrees here. At this point it just seems wrong to be wearing my summer clothes because its past Labor Day and we all know that fashion rules change dramatically after Labor Day. All my Fall and Winter clothes are way too dark and heavy for the weather here though. Living in a tropical climate is sooooo not conducive to wearing the heavy wool sweaters I'm so partial to but all my lightweight clothing is white, or pale pink or pale yellow or...you get the idea. Summery looking. I know this probably seems trivial and kinda dumb and like if this is my biggest complaint in life I'm probably doing ok but this is a BIG problem for me because I don't like the thought of looking inappropriately dressed and I spend probably 20 minutes every morning agonizing over what to wear to work. Just so you know.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.