Friday, October 16, 2009

Deep Thoughts

That title may be somewhat misleading because it would seem to imply that I do in fact have deep thoughts to share with you. I'm not saying I don't...I'm just saying maybe I don't have any right this minute.

Zack says he really really enjoys my blog. He loves it. Thinks its great. He just thinks maybe I should write more "deep thoughts" and "less about the weather." (Clearly, someone didn't appreciate that stellar and highly scientific analysis I came up with yesterday linking New Orleans' weather and its crime rate because I thought that was a pretty deep thought, personally).

The problem is that I don't have deep thoughts worthy of being blogged about every single day. Maybe I should, but I don't. I'm having all kinds of thoughts every day that fascinate and entertain me but I'm not so sure they are appropriate or even interesting enough to actually share with anyone else. Let me give you an example.

Whole Foods. The grocery store. There's a huge Whole Foods down here that we go to occasionally but we rarely buy anything because its super expensive. I call it the Hippie Store though, because everything in there is organic, free-range or vegan. I'm not saying every time I go its full of hippies...obviously this is a generalization and other people shop there too; I'm just saying there are a disproportionate number of long haired/bra free/save-the-whales t-shirt-wearing women in there when I go. Make of that what you will. So anyway, I've noticed something about Whole Foods. It always smells like hot dogs in there every time I go. Not like roasting hot dogs over a campfire which might be ok; it smells like soggy, water-logged hot dogs left over in the concession stand after a ball game.

I don't know, I guess I forget since I don't go in there all that often, but every time I do visit that store the first thing I notice when I walk in is the smell. It slaps me in the face the minute I go through the door. I then spend the next 10, 15, 20 (however long it takes me to get what I came for) minutes trying to figure out what in that store could possibly be producing such a smell. It's that overwhelming that it consumes my thoughts while I'm in there. Not gonna lie; the first time I went I spent 15 minutes walking around the store to see if they were selling or giving away free hot dogs somewhere. I didn't want one. I don't even like them. I just wanted to know where the smell was coming from.

See? I bet you're thinking that was a stupid thing for me to share on here. And you're right, it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear from those of you who are reading! comments, questions, complaints...whatever. I promise to read them all and respond to most.